Sunday, October 19, 2008

FaLL FesTiVaL






When Lee is off of work I always feel like we have to do something. My idea of something is usually clean the house, rake the tumbleweeds out of the yard, clean out the garage or something like that. However this weekend it was my idea to ride the quads AND go to the Fall Festival and pick pumpkins. Riding was not that fun since Trey refuses to use his brakes and just runs into people and things. Shani is afraid to go up any hills and goes very slow.

Anyways back to the PumPKin PaTcH. Lee surprisingly just wanted to go to Safeway or the Kmart Parking lot but I insisted and we were off to Aztec.

When we finally got there I was much dismayed that we had to pay to get in!! You can't even just buy pumpkins!? They made you go on a HayRiDe to the PumPKin PaTch. Even though the pumpkins were about $15 each it was worth it. The kids and Lee had a great time picking the best pumpkin.

Another treat for Trey especially was the corn pit. He dirtied himself and played forever. Paige did not like that stuff on her clothes and much preferred the SpriTe BottLe and the chickens.

Ty shot corn at a target and ShAnI got her face painted. Lee said it felt like DisneyLand for PumpKins. Pretty close. But I thought it was fun. First time I liked spending money.

3 comments:

wendy said...

Looks like fun...and to think we could have enjoyed it also:)

Mama Nut said...

did you go through the corn maze? We just went today and after I got done with the maze there was a billion goatheads in my shoes, Teagan was crying because the ground was too bumpy and Roman was upset because he had corn in his shoes from playing in the corn pit earlier. But I thought it was a lot of fun! Farmer Brown was my favorite with his 'gremlin pumpkin!'

Chea said...

if your not going to answer your phone at least give a new post to look at :)