Thursday, October 2, 2008

Confessions of a Not so Molly


Okay... I have to confess that I love to read other people's blogs and dream about maybe cooking some of their recipes, canning some beautiful peaches tomatoes or "meat", reading some of the uplifting books or just the Twilight series, making some of the cute crafts, decorating my house, sewing something, anything domestic.


But I must admit ..


- I made Top Ramen Chicken flavor for dinner last night, some of my children chose to have it dry and crunched up in a ziplock baggie with the flavoring on it


- the book I am currently working on is "Hand Hand Fingers Thumb" I especially like the "dum ditty, dum ditty, dum dum dum" part. I have never read any of the Work and the Glory, any Twilight books, and I don't read the Ensign cover to cover every month


-Shani stuck some pretzels in peanut butter and called it a Halloween craft (check out her blog for pictures)


- We usually eat our delicious dinner about 8:00 or 9:00 depending on whether Ty had a game, Scouts, Soccer or dance was that night


-I paid my mom and my sister to can chicken for me and am still willing to pay more for someone to can anything else for me.


-I need my sisters to help me decorate my house and I am too cheap to buy anything new


-I take my baby to a babysitter every day so I can teach Teen moms and dads how to be good parents. (What a hypocrite)




Please tell me the things people blog about aren't true or they are greatly exaggerated!


8 comments:

Kim Skinner said...

there is nothing wrong with ramen. even in baggies (that's how my kids prefer it). if it just didn't make such a mess, it would a perfect food!

shed the guilt baby! you rock at everything else

Chea said...

just so you know , I failed at the chicken canning. my glass top never got hot enough. I know that is what the directions said. but I had to try for myself. yea i know I do things the hard way.

Mama Nut said...

Do you know how many of those canners and crafters look at you and think, "Wow! She is so smart and educated. She knew what she wanted to do in life and she went after it. That Chandell has got it all together. I'm so jealous!" I think we need all kinds of women to make this world go 'round and we shouldn't feel bad if we don't fit into the mold of somebody else's life. Plus also, I do not believe all those blogs you are looking at are an exact representation of 'her' average daily life. At least I hope I'm not the only one who doesn't always have my 'game on.' :)

Unknown said...

Oh great. Im always thinking what beautiful talented girls I have and wishing there was something that I could do. And then look at my sisters, have you seen my house lately, it will never look like theirs.

wendy said...

Don't feel bad, I fed my kids ramen noodles last night also. I put steamed veggies in it, though I'm not sure why because none of them touched the veggies. I guess, I too, was trying to make myself feel a little better.

Rose said...

They are all lying to you. What kind of mother are you. I do all of that and still find the time to take a few naps on the couch, just to plan what other awesome things I could do.

Channy said...

Heidi I know that everything you post on your blog is true. You are right I suck!

KTLADY said...

Hey, the funny thing about blogging is that no one seems to put the "bad" stuff! Every once in a while you will see a mom at the verge of a breakdown write down her feelings as a last attempt at regaining her sanity. That's when you see the truth of things. Otherwise, I guess we can convince the whole world that we really are superwomen. (and we all know the truth, really.) That's why I loved Pres. Uchdorf's talk at the RS meeting. He said that even if you don't create works of art, start small. A smile is still a creation!! Woohoo! I think I'll start there. Oh, and I didn't know squat about canning. Trish was teaching me how!! Oh, and Ramen for dinner is better than NO dinner. You seriously crack me up. There you go... I don't know anyone as FUN and FUNNY as you!