Sunday, February 15, 2009

I am finally letting go of my oldest and most meaningful ReLationShip!!


As a student at Chandler High School I fell in love. Many days I would walk across the street to Elmers for a secret rondevous. (how do you spell that?) We would share an Elmer's Bean and Cheese. Sometimes I would borrow money for him! Through out all my 16 years of marriage I have remained still in love with this "nectar of the Gods". When I feel down, depressed, tired, lonely, fat or happy I always have this "love" or addiction. I have tried to give up this relationship many times but always return for the sweet nectar.
However Saturday night while watching 20/20 our relationship hit a HUGE Bump. Apparently the people of the Appalachian Mountains in Kentucky have the same type of addiction and relationship I have. They cannot resist the 50% more Sugar and Caffeine than regular Pepsi or Coke... Just as I Love the sugary happy delight. But when I watched a disgusted Dentist talk about the rot in their mouths and watched the doe eyed white trash chugging down my "nectar of the Gods" I fell out of love just a little. Then Lee proceeded to remind me of my own rotting mouth...most likely due to this persistent relationship and my own doe eyes at every 7/11 and Circle K I see.
I have decided to break up with Mt. Dew for good!! It was a good run but I guess I am too old to carry on this relationship. Not to mention too FAT.

6 comments:

Mama Nut said...

I wish we would have seen that 20/20 episode...Jimmy's been having an affair with the Mt. Dew ever since I've known him. I'm totally going to show him this post!

Sara said...

I saw that too!! It was so sad and nasty! good for you... I hope its a permanent break up!

Chad and Laura said...

Channy- really lets not get to worked up about this. I mean from one fellow lover to another just dont get your drink at 7-11 or circle K. I choosen the much nicer route call Q-T or Valero. I dont feel so badly about it when my surroundings are a step above the trash at Ocotillo and Ellsworth:) Oh and you know once all your teeth are fake or crowned the cavaties and rot come at a much slower pace. Im just glad I didnt see that surely to doom me, episode of 20/20. I will bring you your first 44 with good ice if you decide you need a fix. Good Luck your, better off with out it!!!!!
Laura

Anonymous said...

yeah...i have a sick and twisted thing going with a route 44 diet coke from sonic on a more than regular basis. i tell myself, and steve, and the kids that it's mostly ice...but i know i'm not fooling anyone. i've broken it off a few times over the years...but somehow i end up crawling back to it begging forgiveness.

my heart goes out to you...my prayers are with you...may you emerge triumphant. and cavity free!

wendy said...

ummm, that is a bit drastic. can i just say "moderation in everything"? everyone will understand if you just cut back a little. secretly, I'm just jealous of your determination.

Chea said...

It will never last. coming from addict to another. just break up and hurry up and get back together. nothing like making up :)