Sunday, November 16, 2008

If I Can Not Do Great Things, I Can Do Small Things in a Great Way

My Dear Friend Passed away last Wednesday Night...
Ann Hale was one of the first people I met when we moved to Socorro NM 5 years ago.
We were like Mutt and Jeb. She is 6 feet 1 inch and I am 5 feet 5 inches. We started teaching Drug Prevention Classes in the Middle School and continued our work with youth for the next 5 years. Although Ann is 9 years my senior we found much in common. She grew up in Whiteriver Arizona, My best camping memories are of Whiteriver.
She loved the Arizona Wildcats as do I. She played basketball at MCC... I attended MCC.
So the similarities were a stretch. Nonetheless I enjoyed a co-dependent, enabling, close -distant tumultuous relationship with this powerful, and gentlewoman.
I attended her Memorial on Saturday and my eyes have still not recovered.
Lesson learned... I will pay more attention to relationships. I guess in the end that is all you have.
She will be missed.

1 comment:

Chea said...

she was a giving woman to the end even as she was losing her life. I am so sorry for your loss