Saturday, October 2, 2010

Why? Irrationality expressed.


Me: "Stay in the car Channy"
Me: "What is going on out there?"
Me: "Stay in the car Channy"
Me: "Why is Ty and friend the only one's running suicides?"
Me: Now out of the car at the fence with my hand on my hips giving the stink eye to the coach...
Me: (asking a Freshman player) "How long have those two been running?"
Small Freshman Soccer Player: "I don't know about half of practice"
Me: "What did they do?"
Small Freshman Soccer Player: "They were talking while coach was."
Me: Walking with my hands in the air shaking, eyes fixed on the coach, "What is going on here?"
JV Coach (Not even the Varsity Coach): "They are running because they were giving me Varsity Attitude... they thought they did not have to listen."
Me: "So they had to run for half of practice?" " No water...YOU Couldn't do that!!!!###***"
JV Coach (NEVC): "Well I am a fifty year old man."
Me: "I am a very angry 40 year old woman."
Me to other coach that walks by (By the way he is about 23 with spikes in his lips and still thinks he is a HS soccer star): "YOU CAN'T DO THAT EITHER!!!!***###"
Other spikey coach: "Mam' calm down lets talk about this"
Ty: "Moommmmm please stop lets go"
Me: "What I am just trying to find out what is going on"
Other Spikey Coach: "Long Explanation about RESPECT, sportsmanship what a good player your son is... Blah Blah."
Me: Still wanting to fight and verge of tears
Ty: Mom this is not helping...
Me: "Alright then"
Spikey Coach: "Do you want to talk to the Varsity coach he is in Durango and will be back tonight."
Me: Ignore him and walk to car
Ty: Very upset..." I didn't even do anything"
Me: "Don't ever make me come to your practice and watch that again...all while crying hysterically"

Me an hour later sitting on the bathroom floor
Ty: "Mom are you alright?" "Can we ever be friends again?"
Me:"...I hate that I am crazy."

So I ask myself was any of that necessary. NO. So Why????

2 comments:

busbyfam.blogspot.com said...

Go Channy, Go Channy. Yes, being crazy and irrational is fine( you inherited it from me). The coaches needed to know how dumb the sports attitude is. Secretly aren't you glad, sometimes you just have to let it be known. Our children are great and coaches just can't treat them like they are not. Now that I have said that , I'm irrational too.

Mama Nut said...

Been forever since I have hopped over to your blog. I remember you telling me about this and I KNOW I would have gone all crazy mom on the coaches. Still got your back on this one.