Thursday, August 6, 2009

Grandma Arnett... and Brush my hair

I have very few traits like my paternal grandmother. But one of my biggest memories of her is brushing her hair. She would get her brush and ask us to comb her hair. She loved it. My own mother does not like anyone to touch her hair so I assume that my love for this form of relaxation came from Grandma Arnett.
Anyways I have taken to paying Trey to brush my hair or just "get out the tangles". Paige thinks this is something she can do also. Yesterday she brought a brush and began to groom me. Apparently she thought I needed my hair wet down to properly comb out the tangles. ( I do this to her) So she comes back from the bathroom with the brush dripping. I let her brush my hair into a wet mess as she goes back and forth from the bathroom to the couch several times. I am not sure why it did not occur to me that she can not reach the sink... Nonetheless I was enjoying getting my hair done.
I finally got up to go into the bathroom, I was very surprised to see my little Paige dipping the brush into the toilet and on her way to continue with her work on my hair.
Gross!!!

3 comments:

lacy lee said...

Ha ha! That is utterly classic. I love getting my hair brushed, too. Not so much, though, with toilet water...

wendy said...

that is hilarious! Ignorance is bliss...

KTLADY said...

Just be glad she didn't offer you a glass of water while you were relaxing. Hmm?